September 26, 2020
Dear Residents and Families,
On Friday, September 25, 2020, Dr. Roussin escalated the status of Winnipeg to “Orange” or Restricted under the Manitoba Pandemic Response Plan effective Monday, September 28, 2020 at midnight for the next 4 weeks. The following is the link to the September 25, 2020, Bulletin – https://news.gov.mb.ca/news/?archive=&item=49298. With this announcement, long term care facilities must align the visitation restrictions to the “Orange” – Restricted status within the Shared Health Long Term Care Visitation Principles (https://sharedhealthmb.ca/files/covid-19-pch-visitation-principles.pdf).
The following changes will be in effect September 28, 2020 in adherence to the public health orders:
- Designated visitors will continue to be allowed to visit from 10 am – 2 pm seven days a week but only one designated visitor will be allowed in to visit at a time.
- Outdoor visits will be cancelled at this time.
- Group sizes are restricted to 10 persons indoor and outdoors.
- Non-essential services will be suspended.
- Essential services for residents as determined by the care team will be permitted.
- Non-medical masks are mandatory for all persons indoors and outdoors at all times. (Please refer to the Shared Health Guidance on mask requirements.
With the increased number of active cases, it is crucial to continue to follow the protocols implemented to maintain the safety of residents, families and staff. It is an expectation that everyone continues to be vigilant as we work together to manage the COVID-19 pandemic. In order for the sanitation of the Home to be completed, visitors must abide by the hours of visitation. The housekeeping and maintenance staff perform extensive cleaning of the touchpoints in the Home after 2 pm. The home is a very large facility and this sanitation is a critical piece in reducing the risk of transmission of COVID-19. Visitors who are not following the protocols may be asked to leave. Changes continue to occur often with very little notice. We ask you to please consult our website at https://www.holyfamilyhome.mb.ca regularly for the latest updates. Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation as we continue to adapt to changes.
Tara-Lee Procter (Maciuszonek)
CEO Holy Family Home