September 2, 2020
Dear Family Member:
The number of active COVID-19 cases continues to rise in Manitoba and there are outbreaks in several long term care facilities which are of great concern. Visitation from families is recognized as being a vital part of maintaining the well-being and quality of life of our residents. Holy Family Home continues to have indoor visits for the 2 designated family caregivers from 10 am – 2 pm seven days/week. We are striving to maintain the safety of residents, families and staff during these uncertain times. Cooperation from all visitors and staff is necessary to reduce the risk of COVID-19 entering Holy Family Home. It is imperative that during your visits, the following public health directions and safety measures implemented are fully complied to:
- Stay home if you are feeling sick or have any symptoms of COVID-19
- Practice frequent hand hygiene
- Masks must be worn at all times ensuring coverage from nose to chin (both indoors and outdoors)
- Practice physical distancing of 6 feet as much as possible
- Remain in the resident room when visiting indoors with no use of common areas
- If using the designated outdoor spaces for visitation, please proceed directly to that area and do not use the common areas
- Follow the direction of the signs posted throughout the home
As of September 1, 2020, it is a public health requirement for all persons entering into any health care facility in Manitoba to wear a non-medical mask. All visitors to Holy Family Home must wear a non-medical mask at all times in the home whether indoors or outside. Those visitors who are not compliant with any of the safety measures above will be asked to leave the home to protect the very vulnerable population we serve and the staff from all departments who care for the residents. Also, please remember visiting hours must be followed with visitors leaving promptly at 2 pm to enable the housekeeping and maintenance staff to complete the necessary sanitation of the building both indoors and outdoors.
We are continuing to ask visitors to contact the unit nurse if they experience any COVID-19 symptoms within 14 days of attending Holy Family Home. This is being requested as a further precautionary measure so enhanced surveillance and infection control processes can be implemented as another means to reduce risk.
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation.
Tara-Lee Procter (Maciuszonek)