We will be expanding the visiting hours for fully vaccinated general visitors to visit fully vaccinated residents starting the week of July 12, 2021. The new hours are as follows:
|Day||Designated Family Caregiver||Fully Vaccinated General Visitor|
|Monday||10 am – 7 pm|
|Tuesday||10 am – 2 pm||2 pm – 4 pm|
|Wednesday||10 am – 2 pm||2 pm – 4 pm|
|Thursday||10 am – 2 pm||3 pm – 7 pm|
|Friday||10 am – 2 pm||2 pm – 4 pm|
|Saturday||10 am – 2 pm||2 pm – 4 pm|
|Sunday||10 am – 2 pm||2 pm – 4 pm|
Fully vaccinated general visitors will:
- Provide proof of full vaccination (the vaccine QR code on a device or paper copy or by logging in to the Shared Health Vaccine portal and showing the dates of vaccination)
- Provide photo identification
- Pass screening and sign into the Home
- Follow all infection prevention and control protocols
- Wear the medical masks and goggles provided by the Home at all times (even outdoors)
- Practice good and frequent hand hygiene
- Visit only in the resident’s room practicing physical distancing of 2m or 6 feet from the resident and each other if not from the same household
- Use the washroom in the resident’s room only
- Proceed directly to and from the resident’s room to the outdoor space if taking the resident to visit in the outdoor space at the Home
If the fully vaccinated general visitor is not following the protocols in place, they will be asked to leave the Home. Residents may only have two fully vaccinated general visitors at a time. Please coordinate with family members who may visit to reduce the chance of being denied entry if others are already visiting. Only two fully vaccinated general visitors are allowed in the resident’s room at one time.
We will continue to separate the designated family caregiver visiting hours from the general visitation hours for the present time. The Shared Health guidelines do not allow two designated family caregivers to be in the resident’s room at the same time as we are not permitted to ask the vaccination status of the designated family caregivers. It is necessary to continue with this separation of hours, given the
size of the Home and the number of potential visitors, to manage the screening and required processes. The Home has all high touch areas sanitized following visiting hours to reduce risk. We will continue to evaluate and make changes as able and appropriate in adherence with the provincial public health direction.
Out of province, fully vaccinated general visitors may also attend the home during the visiting hours as indicated above. The same proof of full vaccination and photo identification is required. Those from out of province without full vaccination status are required to isolate for 14 days prior to visitation. There have been federal changes announced for out of country fully vaccinated visitors but the Shared Health guidance has yet to be received as to how this is to be implemented in long-term care provincially. Please contact the Home if you are planning to visit from out of country so we can advise as we have more information.
General visitors, who are not fully vaccinated (including children under 12 years with a parent/guardian), may book visits in the visitation rooms by calling Janice Buors at 204 589 7381 extension 265.
Thank you for your continued support, patience and understanding. We appreciate your support and cooperation. Please keep Holy Family Home in your thoughts and your prayers.
Tara-Lee Procter (Maciuszonek) – CEO