With consideration of feedback received from our residents and families, we are making further changes to our visitation hours.
The current public health direction does not permit us to ask the vaccination status of our designated family caregivers and indicates only one designated family caregiver can visit in the home at a time. We have heard from many designated family caregivers that given they are both fully vaccinated, they would like to visit at the same time and are willing to share their proof of vaccination with the Home.
Beginning September 1, 2021, our visiting hours will be as shown below with the following guidance (if the designated family caregiver volunteers to share their full COVID-19 vaccination status and the resident is fully vaccinated):
- Designated family caregivers who are not fully vaccinated or choose not to share their vaccination status can continue visit the resident alone in their room or in the outdoor spaces.
- Both fully designated family caregivers and the general visitors are able to visit in the residents’ room or in the designated outdoor areas during the visitation hours.
- Fully vaccinated designated family caregivers may visit with another fully vaccinated designated family caregiver or general visitor.
- Two fully vaccinated general visitors may also visit together during these hours.
- There can be a maximum of two persons in a resident’s room at a time.
- If designated family caregivers or general visitors are assisting the resident with their meals, this can occur in the resident’s room over the mealtime. Staff will bring the meal to the resident’s room.
- Children under the age of 12 who are unvaccinated for COVID-19 may visit with and fully vaccinated adult (either designated caregiver or general visitor).
|Monday||10 am – 5 pm|
|Tuesday||10 am – 7 pm|
|Wednesday||10 am – 5 pm|
|Thursday||10 am – 7 pm|
|Friday||10 am – 5 pm|
|Saturday||10 am – 7 pm|
|Sunday||10 am – 5 pm|
Please coordinate with family members/other visitors who may visit to reduce the chance of being denied entry if others are already visiting. Only 2 persons can visit in the resident room at a time.
With these changes, we ask you to please be patient with the screening process as there may be delays.
Visiting hours are subject to change pending public health direction.
General visitors, who are not fully vaccinated, or general visitors for unvaccinated residents’ may book visits in the visitation rooms by calling Janice Buors at 204 589 7381 extension 265.
To request approval for a short absence visit for a resident, please contact either nursing management or social work. Requests must be 24 hours in advance Monday – Friday.
Thank you for your continued support, patience and understanding. Please keep Holy Family Home in your thoughts and your prayers.
Tara-Lee Procter (Maciuszonek) – CEO