Recently, the Province announced changes for general visitors who are fully vaccinated (2 vaccine doses at least two weeks prior to the date of visit) to be able to visit in the resident’s room. We received direction and guidance from Shared Health for the implementation. We will begin fully vaccinated general visitation the week of June 21, 2021.
In order to reduce confusion and the potential of overlap of designated family caregivers and vaccinated general visitors, the following visiting hours will begin the week of June 21, 2021:
|Day||Designated Family Caregiver||Fully Vaccinated General Visitor|
|Monday||10 am – 7 pm|
|Tuesday||10 am – 2 pm||2 pm – 4 pm|
|Wednesday||10 am – 2 pm|
|Thursday||10 am – 2 pm||3 pm – 7 pm|
|Friday||10 am – 2 pm|
|Saturday||10 am – 2 pm||2 pm – 4 pm|
|Sunday||10 am – 2 pm|
Processes will remain the same as previously implemented for designated family caregivers. We will re-evaluate this plan in two weeks.
Fully vaccinated general visitors will:
- Provide proof of fully vaccination (the vaccine QR code on a device or paper copy or by logging in to the Shared Health Vaccine portal and showing the dates of vaccination)
- Provide photo identification
- Pass screening and sign into the Home
- Follow all infection prevention and control protocols
- Wear the medical masks and goggles provided by the Home at all times (even outdoors)
- Practice good and frequent hand hygiene
- Visit only in the resident’s room practicing physical distancing of 2m or 6 feet from the resident and each other if not from the same household
- Use the washroom in the resident’s room only
- Proceed directly to and from the resident’s room to the outdoor space if taking the resident to visit in the outdoor space at the Home
If the fully vaccinated general visitor is not following the protocols in place, they will be asked to leave the Home. Residents may only have two fully vaccinated general visitors at a time. Please coordinate with family members who may visit to reduce the chance of being denied entry if others are already visiting.
Out of province, fully vaccinated general visitors may also attend the home during the visiting hours as indicated above. The same proof of full vaccination and photo identification is required. Those from out of province without full vaccination status are required to isolate for 14 days prior to visitation.
General visitors, who are not fully vaccinated, may book visits in the visitation rooms by calling Janice Buors at 204 589 7381 extension 265. Unfortunately, due to damage caused by recent weather, our outdoor visitation tents were destroyed. We will advise as to when we will potentially have outdoor visitation when further information is known.
There have been some inquiries as to whether COVID-19 vaccination is required for staff at Holy Family Home. There has been no direction from the Province enabling us to have COVID-19 vaccination mandatory for staff. As employers, we are also not able to ask employees their vaccination status. We have provided extensive education to our staff, provided incentives and are administering the vaccine to staff at the Home. Many staff have voluntarily disclosed their vaccine status but we do not have an accurate percentage to share with residents and families.
Thank you for your continued support, patience and understanding. Please keep Holy Family Home in your thoughts and your prayers.
Tara-Lee Procter (Maciuszonek) – CEO