Residents having short absences from the Home for non-essential reasons continues to be strongly discouraged. Shared Health has developed guidelines for short absences, which we understand will be have further clarification tomorrow. If residents leave the facility for short absences, the following will be the process (subject to change based upon provincial direction):
- Requests for short absences must be made 24 hours in advance Monday – Friday for approval by either nursing management of social work.
- Absences can be requested for 2 hours twice per week between the hours of 9 am to 8 pm.
- Transportation for residents must be with designated family caregivers or fully vaccinated visitors. Both will enter the Home to be screened and provided with a medical mask. There should be a maximum of 2 persons in the vehicle with the resident.
- Both the residents and the individual transporting the resident are required to wear a medical mask.
- Absences are to be to one destination only.
- Social distancing and hand hygiene is strongly encouraged. Masks should be worn when social distancing is not possible.
- All Public Health orders regarding gathering sizes etc. need to be upheld.
- The resident will be screened upon returning to the Home.
We are reminding family designated caregivers and visitors that there should be not food or drink consumed in the residents rooms to minimize risks.
Pets will be able to visit the Home as per the Holy Family Home pet policy. Please contact your recreation coordinator to discuss visitation.
We have received many requests about obtaining the vaccination card for residents. Power of Attorneys or health care proxies may apply for their resident’s card at the following link https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/vaccine/immunization-record.html#immunization-cards.
Please keep Holy Family Home in your thoughts and your prayers.
Tara-Lee Procter (Maciuszonek) – CEO