In 1915, Thomas’ parents Mike and Jessie started farming in Meleb, MB. They had chickens, horses, cows and grew their own grain and food. They would milk the cows by hand, use the separator to get the cream then ship it off to a creamery. The creamery would take the cream and turn into butter to sell. This is how they made part of their living. They used the cream separator for 25 years. Tom took the separator when his parents sold the farm as he could not part with it. When he saw that there was Dido’s workshop and Baba’s garden at Holy Family, he donated it as he thought it would be the perfect fit.